Stowe Farm’s COVID-19 Guidelines
Our top priority heading into the Fall season during this ever-changing year is the health and safety of you and our staff. We have thoroughly reviewed the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR), and the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA).
While we understand that these guidelines are strict and different from the typical Stowe Farm experience, we are dedicated to creating an environment that is safe but fun for our customers and staff. Here at Stowe Farm, we have always excelled at following the necessary health and safety standards in the industry, and we will continue to commit to that practice through these unexpected challenges.
Our family at Stowe Farm sincerely thanks you for your patience and participation!
General guidelines for both customers and staff are below. There are guidelines that both you and our staff will be following to ensure the safety of everyone on the farm:
- Controlled Admissions: Reservations are currently not required, but we are required to abide by the admissions limit provided by the state. If necessary, we may need to limit the number of guests in a given area.
- Social Distance: People must maintain a space of at least six (6) feet from one another while on the all areas of the farm.
- Masks/Face Coverings: Use of a mask or cloth face covering is REQUIRED for customers/visitors/staff on all areas of the Stowe Farm premises.
- Plan Your Visit: Customers/staff will be asked to leave the farm if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19* or have come in contact with someone with symptoms.
Below are the guidelines that we promise to adhere to the continued safety of our customers. We like to lead by example, so we are passionate about making sure we go above and beyond safety protocols!
- Staff Health: Staff will be required to self-certify that they are COVID-19 symptom-free* before beginning each workday.
- Hand Washing Stations: Hand washing stations will be available throughout the farm. Hand washing guidelines will be posted at each washing station.
- Minimized Number of Touches During Farm Activities: We will minimize handling of produce, currency, or products during any farm activity. There will be increased signage to indicate social distancing guidelines, as well as the procedures and rules.
- Increased Hygiene Protocols: We will provide regular sanitization of high-touch areas, such as workstations, equipment, screens, doorknobs, restrooms throughout the farm.
- Closed Areas: For the safety of our customers, we may continue to keep some areas of the farm closed. These areas will remain closed until we deem it safe to open to the public.
Below are the guidelines that we ask our visitors and customers to adhere to while visiting our farm. We need your help to make sure our farm remains the amazing farm that everyone knows and loves!
- Customer Health: You can self-certify that you do not exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms* and have not in the past 14 days.
- Contact with COVID-19: You confirm that you have not come in contact with anyone with a positive case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Increased Hygiene Protocols: We ask that you wash/sanitize your hands frequently during your visit, especially after interacting with high-touch areas.
- Children: Children should maintain proximity to family members/guardians while in any farm area.
- Groups: Limit any on-site gatherings of friends/family to groups of less than ten (10).
Please note that these guidelines may change as new information becomes available from the CDC, MDAR, and EOEEA. Again, we deeply appreciate your cooperation, and look forward to your visit!
From our family to yours, stay safe!
*COVID-19 symptoms include: temperature over 100*F, fever, chills, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, unexplained rash, fatigue, headache, loss of smell or taste, muscle aches, any other signs of illness.